Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The center of the heel (by Leah)

The 5 day yoga course is finished now. It was bang on, as usual. Sharat is an excellent teacher- dialed in, full of anecdotes, and razor sharp. "Press down with the center of the heel and extend the toes radically forward!" I'm feeling quite clean and light now, mostly from the yoga, partly from the ocean. On the one hand it's great to be feeling so balanced and relaxed, but on the other, it's a bit of a mental challenge now to gear up for a month of hardcore Indian cities from such a place of softness. I'm excited and nervous all at once! Now I will cover up (sorry bikini, that's all you get!) toughen up (for the travel bit), and get down to business. I travel to Ahmedabad tomorrow. Hopefully I will remember the center of my heels along the way.

"The difference between the master yogi and the beginner yogi is that the master is aware of all parts of the body, while the beginner is aware of only a few. Awareness is the only difference."
-Sharat Arora

Ps. A lovely British gal I met at the course gave me some homeopathic anti malaria pills! Hopefully they work as well as those no-jet-laggers. I'm a believer, now.

No comments: