Sunday, January 21, 2007

Recipe for Bliss, by Leah

I walked back to my guesthouse last night after dinner under a perfectly starry, moonless sky with the wide flat warm wet stretch of sand beneath my toes. I sat for awhile where the sand was dry and looked at Orion, the prominent constellation that I see here (which is also the prominent one I see at home! no big dipper though...) and thought again about my intentions for this trip...

The purpose of the trip is to spend some time with our partner in India, as well as research organic cotton and natural dyes further, including visiting other people who are dyeing textiles naturally. My intention is to continue aligning this outer purpose with my inner purpose, which is to keep drawing my awareness back into my heart and connecting with the earth and fellow passengers/ co-inhabitants. The inner part may sound a bit fluffy to some perhaps, but what can I say? I'm in Arambol, high on shoulderstands and backbends, and surrounded by hippies! Clean hippies, dirty hippies, dreadlocked, technoed and tattooed hippies, Russian, Israeli, and American hippies, and my favorite: the blissed out hippies from the 60's who are still here, in white beards and pink trousers. There is more than one.

Arambol is a very chilled out place where travellers come to relax and get away from the intense + sometimes overwhelming chaos of India. It's not really like the rest of India here- but a little bubble of bliss. The real deal is coming soon, however, as Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Delhi, and possibly Varanasi (if I'm up for it!) are on the itinerary. That's a whole other reality. But in the meantime, I'm digging in to the yoga high.

* Recipe for Bliss*
1 package homeopathic "NO JET LAG" pills
1 flight to Goa, India
5 day yoga course with Sharat Arora, yoga intructor

Mix together in a guesthouse by the sea and serve with fresh watermelon, papaya, and coconuts. (Requires good intenstinal flora and a moderate tolerance to techno music.)

No comments: